Four of us decided to try our hand at snowshoeing... an upstate NY winter pasttime that I had had yet to experience, and am now, so glad I did. The views were outstanding... all the trees capped with bright white snow, untouched trails... we hiked around the park for about an hour enjoying a great winter workout.
There are tons of trails to choose from, and you're even allowed to create your own. But best of all, the price is right... we each paid $3 for the whole deal... admission to the park, and the snoeshoe rental. (Sorry I don't have more photos... right after this one was taken of Elle and Jeff the camera was so cold it wouldn't turn back on).
There are tons of trails to choose from, and you're even allowed to create your own. But best of all, the price is right... we each paid $3 for the whole deal... admission to the park, and the snoeshoe rental. (Sorry I don't have more photos... right after this one was taken of Elle and Jeff the camera was so cold it wouldn't turn back on). In the winter season the park also rents cross country skis and has some nicely groomed ski trails, offers a beautiful lodge to help keep warm, and even on the weekends hosts horse-drawn sleigh rides! I definitely give two thumbs up to Highland Forest Park and encourage you to visit for at least a day this winter...
No comments:
Post a Comment