another Library recruiting conference. This was by far the best of these conferences (and I've been to four in the past year) that I've worked at. Though I'm not directly involved as a registered participant, I do get to enjoy the perks of the conference as an exhibitor... and by perks, I mean some good swag. 
(Al Gore speaking on Our Choice, creative solutions in the climate crisis to a standing-room only crowd of enthusiastic librarians).
Because a bunch of students came out to the conference to help out and do some job searching and networking, my schedule was pretty freed-up. Consequently I visited lots of friends, made a Sunday morning ikea run, and took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Boston Museum of Science, with an SU alumni and museum employee in the Computer Clubhouse. As both an enchanted student and an iSchool employee the museum of science is an outstanding place. 
(ABOVE: the main museum exploration area. If you're going make sure you check out Cahner's Computer place and meet the virtual humans, Innovative Engineers and Mapping the World around us, I loved the weather and wind stuff and my mind was boggled in the Mathimatica area. It was really exciting to see yound students learning - and excited about- the STEM disciplines. Hopefully a few of them will be iSchoolers soon. BELOW: Nick my trusty tour guide providing free(!) tickets and an all access pass to everywhere).
Also at the MOS right now is "Harry Potter the Exhibition" - drawing large crowds, and creating lots of conversation... as all things Harry Potter always do. As a fan myself, Nick brought me through the exhibition which didn't feel at all like a science museum, but instead was more like being on set at Warner Brothers. (Photo below of me posing with a giant chess piece from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone at the Museum entrance). 
All in all, another great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment