I experienced two very different New York's this week, in two very abreviated glimpses.
On Wednesday- I made a quick and jam-packed trip to the city. I was there less than 24 hours and felt this trip we accomplished a lot. It was totally worked based- and work was all consuming. We jumped from dinner meetings, to alumni events, to social afterparties, to meetings with school principals to learn about new NYC Public School initiatives all in very condensed mode. I really love NYC- as a place to visit, experience, enjoy. Living in Syracuse, it's an easy commute for these purposes. It's also a city I never grow tired of- the last few years I've visited for various reasons about 10 times a year. Each time is different, new fresh, exhilerating and exhausting. I always leave grateful for two things: the unique experience, and that it's time to leave.
On Wednesday- I made a quick and jam-packed trip to the city. I was there less than 24 hours and felt this trip we accomplished a lot. It was totally worked based- and work was all consuming. We jumped from dinner meetings, to alumni events, to social afterparties, to meetings with school principals to learn about new NYC Public School initiatives all in very condensed mode. I really love NYC- as a place to visit, experience, enjoy. Living in Syracuse, it's an easy commute for these purposes. It's also a city I never grow tired of- the last few years I've visited for various reasons about 10 times a year. Each time is different, new fresh, exhilerating and exhausting. I always leave grateful for two things: the unique experience, and that it's time to leave.
Photos from the iBand Event:

I came back from NY on Thursday night... returned the rental car at the airport and pulled in my driveway at about 9pm. At 9am I was back in action on my "vacation day"- roadtripping with my friend Nicole to Lake George at the far southeast side of the Adirondack park. I'd describe Lake George as having the exact opposite feel of NYC- eerily they're only 3 hours away in the same state.
It was Americade Weekend in Lake George (we didn't really grasp the full concept of this on our way in) and spent most of our time trying to avoid the loud rumblings of over-revved motorcycle engines.
We hiked Prospect Mountain (which sounds much easier than it was), 
ate out for a nice dinner, wandered the shores of the lake, and went to bed early. We woke up Saturday morning to the continuing roars of the motorcycles and decided it was time to head out- driving north to Bolton Landing to explore the Sagamore, and to picnic-breakfast at a State Park on the water. We took the long way home, through Saratoga - allowing us to really see the beauty and uniqueness of this region. Three very different towns- one very loud (at least this weekend) and seemigly overly touristy, one very quaint and well preserved, and one "booming" with the racing industry and upscale boutiques. It was a relaxing and enjoyable break from busy-ness and overall created a much needed repreive. 
All of the photos from the weekend are available here.
No comments:
Post a Comment