Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back to Chi-town

I've done quite a bit of travelling recently as you've probably noticed - from Beantown, to Hotlanta to Chi-town in 3 weeks... I've been racking up the miles this month... and falling behind on the blogging. Once again it was Anthony and I doing some exploring, this time in Chicago during the first week of February. From a long day of walking all the major sites to a quick trip to the northside for a Wrigley Field visit and some time at the Chicago History Museum (which is awesome by the way).

Anthony and I reflecting in the bean at Millenium park... i love photographing this thing:

Through the trees:

Anthony in the bean...


It was a cold day at the ball park.

The Harry Carey statue.


At the Chicago History museum, I made myself into a Chicago style hotdog in the Children's Senses of Discovery section...


The old railcar of the Chicago transit system inside the museum.



People have been asking if I actually do work when the University sends me out somewhere... to that I answer of course, I just don't take pictures of my work normally... and I always sneak in a little fun and exploration somehow. But just so you believe that I was actually doing work related things while in Chicago.. here are some pictures from the iSchool's social media event at the Chicago Tribune and a few from the iConference at University of Illinois. Though they're not nearly as exciting as the others, they are what you asked for. Enjoy!

Social media reception at the Tribune:




Margaret and Anthony debriefing the presentation at the iConference.

Dean Liddy, Associate Dean Jeff Stanton and PhD student Jamie chatting at the iConference.

No comments:

Post a Comment