As I was driving out to the airport though, I stopped for some gas, and just stumbled upon it... a neighborhood called the "sweet auburn" area, where you can find the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial...
and a lot of really amazing southern history. Now I only had a few minutes to explore, but I left glad I had visited and wishing I would have made this visit a priority. While there's not much to see and do, and it's a little off the mainstream Atlanta path... it's a moving experience, and the emotion solicited no matter who you are and what your background is an experience not to miss.
Enjoy on your next visit.
and a lot of really amazing southern history. Now I only had a few minutes to explore, but I left glad I had visited and wishing I would have made this visit a priority. While there's not much to see and do, and it's a little off the mainstream Atlanta path... it's a moving experience, and the emotion solicited no matter who you are and what your background is an experience not to miss.Enjoy on your next visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment